I'm Charles Menguy, and I find it really hard to put a tag on myself as I enjoy software engineering as much as data science. My interests and experience lie along 3 main axes:
- Big Data: Experienced in dealing with multi-Terabyte datasets, both at the infrastructure as well as analytics levels.
- Data Science: Good knowledge of ML algorithms (both supervised and unsupervied) and when to use them, recently started looking at Deep Learning techniques and how to leverage it.
- Cloud Computing: I've been using AWS a lot and can work my way through pretty much any AWS service. Also looked into Google Compute Engine where I am still learning.
I currently work and live in the United States, in New York City, where I have spent most of my professional life. Initially graduated from EPITA in Paris, France, where I obtained a Master's degree in Computer Science, with a major in Cognitive Science. I enjoy more than anything traveling abroad and discovering new cultures.
Not a huge social media freak so the best way to reach me is to contact me at my personal email address (hint: see on the side). I try to contribute to the open-source and data communities via the following channels:
- StackOverflow: I have been very active on the hadoop and related tags, have had less time to participate recently but still look at it at least once a day.
- Github: Github is awesome, I'm always on the lookout for new projects, and have a few small projects of my own. Planning to increase my rate of contributions in the very near future.
- InfoQ: I have been writing news on Big Data and Data Science topics at InfoQ. This involves direct contact with companies or organizations and a good understanding of the concepts involved.